“My final first half of the Fall semester probably ever"


Happy Fall! Warning: this blog does not have an assigned topic, and therefore might not have much structure. Much like my life.

Fall break is right around the corner and I am gleefully awaiting Friday at 1:50 pm when my Catechism class ends, and I can call it a day.

Actually, I will end up calling it, “my final first half of the Fall semester probably ever.” I graduate in December, so this is my final semester entirely. It is bittersweet. I look around campus and notice things for the first time. They are really simple things like the flowers encircling the huge tree outside of the Immaculate Conception chapel. Or who is the bust in the Philips Library (it’s St. Joseph the Worker).

I want to spend as much time as possible with my friends before I leave this campus as a graduate and it seems so hard to do—especially midterms week when my life feels overwhelmed by exams, presentations, papers, and the tutoring sessions I had scheduled.

I especially want to take advantage of the time available in the chapels on campus. I love IC. I love seeing how the stained-glass windows are somehow more beautiful at night when the light reflects through them than in the day. I love Mass there. I love the reverence and silence and beauty that encompasses it and leaves me feeling refreshed and loved.

Image result for immaculate conception chapel msmu
Immaculate Conception Chapel, Mount St. Mary's University


As my final Fall break approaches, I’ll take the yucky assignments with appreciation that they are (thankfully) my last.

Comments